Born in 1956
- Foundation and Fine Art Degree at Central St. Martins
- Taught at Colchester Art College and privately in Hampstead.
- Worked for a small publishing company.
1980 – First one man show in the Borlaise Gallery, Oxford.
1981 – Had first child, William.
1983 – Had second child, Henry.
- Painted on commission – portraits, children, horses, houses etc.
- Exhibited in local and national exhibitions – including Spirit of London at the Royal Festival Hall, the Royal Academy.
1991 – Became Artist in Residence at the Reform Club, Pall Mall.
- One man show at the Reform Club.
1993 – Artist in Residence at the Laban Centre School of Dance.
- One man show at City University.
- Worked as painter, muralist and interior designer.
1994 – Taught visual studies at Lewisham College.
1995 – Had third child, Ellie.
- Worked as illustrator for Random House for the Little Swan Ballet Series.
2000 – Wrote and illustrated ‘Ellies Growl’ published by Frances Lincoln.
- Illustrated ‘The Tatty Bogle Tree’ for Hodder and Stoughton – met the author, Sandra Horn and collaborated with her to produce ‘The Mud Maid’.
- One man show at the Lost Gardens of Heligan.
- Joined the Big Draw and appeared in documentary for ITV about artists and gardens.
- Also, worked in schools to talk about telling stories with pictures.
2006 – ‘The Giant’ was published for the Lost Gardens of Heligan.
2007 – Won a ‘highly commended’ at Dulwich Picture Gallery summer exhibition.
2008 – Moved to Winchester.
2008 – One man show at Baker – Tilley in Bloomsbury, London
2008 – date
- Working on commission (including portraits)
- Teaching at her own studio. Karen’s students are of all ages and abilities with some traveling regularly from as far afield as Bath and London. Despite their popularity, she prefers to limit their numbers
- Running one –day workshops through the summer months. These have become very popular with student painters who enjoy spending a full day painting at interesting locations
- Running various classes for the Alresford Art Society. These have included portraiture in various media for beginners and intermediate levels, Life Drawing, oil painting (beginners to advanced).
- September 2012 Formed Pound Hill Painters who held their first exhibition at Summers Farm, Long Sutton in Hampshire, RG29 1TQ. The exhibition was highly successful and all of her students, some of whom were exhibiting for the first time, sold something. Nearly a thousand pounds, representing 10% of sales, was donated to a local charity.
- During August 2015 Karen opened her studio to the public as part of the Hampshire Open Studios.
- In 2015 and in 2016 Karen’s paintings were hung in the Royal Institute of Oil Painters exhibitions at the Mall Galleries and she has since been invited to sell some of her work through the Mall Gallery’s online gallery